IGOR in sixty seconds
Here is a whistle-stop guide to IGOR and what you can do with it
Firstly, IGOR is even better value for money now than it has ever been. As of Spring 2018, we have dropped its price from £2,499 to £499 to reflect its new status as our ‘budget’ exhibit builder (for more features, and to create exhibits for iPad and iPhone, please check out our newer product, Darwin).
1. IGOR is a software tool with which museums can build their own digital exhibits. By that we mean interactive publications which you can display on a desktop computer (that’s Windows or Macintosh) and which visitors interact with using a mouse or touchscreen.
2. IGOR has been designed from the ground up with museums in mind; it comes with a great set of features optimised for museum use.
3. IGOR is very easy to use – but if you are not confident about using it (or don’t have the time) we can build your exhibit for you, at a fraction of the normal cost.
4. Heritage institutions of all sizes, such as the Science Museum, National Portrait Gallery and even Manchester United use IGOR.
5. Once you have created your digital exhibit you can update and amend it as often as you like. Updating is easy: copy files to and from a USB memory stick and install on-gallery.
6. You can have as many IGOR exhibits as you have licences. You can buy single licences (each costs £499 and lasts forever).
7. We provide two months technical support via email and phone; you can also purchase an extended technical service for just £1,499. Rest assured we will always answer you!
8. Build your exhibit using our content tool, defining the structure, graphic design – and then adding your own text, images and video. You can then run it directly on a desktop computer and touchscreen installed in-gallery.
9. If you can fill in a form, you can build an exhibit with IGOR.